Generally, if you have a blank or blue screen on your monitor this is because the Nursery Unit is not switched ON or Parent Unit and Nursery Unit have lost their connection.
Firstly, please can you try to reconnect your units by carrying out the following:
Re-connecting the Parent Unit & Nursery Unit
- Turn the Nursery Unit & Parent Unit OFF
- Turn the Nursery Unit ON
- With the front of the Nursery Unit facing you quickly press & release the left wing 4 times, the Nightlight on the Nursery Unit will begin to flash
Please Note: The nightlight will flash for approx. 10 seconds - you will need to complete the remaining steps whilst the nightlight is flashing. Once this flashing stops, if you have not completed all the steps you will need to begin again
- Turn the Parent Unit ON
- You will see the blue Angelcare logo on the screen, this is followed by a dark blue screen with just a Nursery Unit Icon and Battery Icon showing - when you see this dark screen PRESS & HOLD the bottom Talkback Button on the front right side of the Parent Unit
- Whilst still holding down the Talkback Button quickly PRESS & RELEASE the Power Button on the front left hand side of the Parent Unit
Please Note: Do not press the power button for too long as this will switch the Parent Unit OFF and you will need to begin again
- Now release the Talkback Button
If successful you will see the video capture appear on the Parent Unit screen as the Parent Unit & Nursery Unit are now connected
If this does not resolve this, check that your power light (3rd from bottom) on your Nursery Unit is illuminated. If so what colour is it?
Green = Power
Red = Low Battery
No light = No power to your Nursery Unit
If there are no lights on the Nursery Unit can you please try removing the piles from the Nursery Unit.
Plug the AC adaptor mains lead that usually plugs into your Parent Unit into your Nursery Unit and the mains, they are interchangeable.
Does the Nursery Unit power indicator now light up?
If YES it is your Nursery Unit Adaptor that is not working
If NO then please insert known working piles into the Parent Unit
Is the Nursery Unit now getting power? If NO then your Nursery Unit is faulty
If however the Nursery Unit is ON the loss of connection can be due to interference which can be caused by such things as too much distance between the Parent Unit and Nursery Unit, thick walls between the Parent Unit and Nursery Unit or even a number of dividing walls in between the Parent and Nursery Unit.
Unfortunately, as with all wireless devices they can be subject to some interference at times and this is not something that you may be able to change.
To improve your monitors performance please try the following:
Always keep your monitor away from other wireless devices.
Never operate your monitor in close proximity to a microwave, cordless or mobile phone.
Reorient or relocate your monitor to optimize reception, place away from WIFI or Router.
Never place a GSM cell phone or other Radio Frequency emissions device in close proximity or in contact with your monitor.