This function allows you to put the monitor on HOLD when you need to pick up the baby out of the crib for a short period of time.
When the monitor is on HOLD, the movement alarm will not go off and no sound is being transmitted.
• Press and hold the DOWN arrow for 2 seconds. The symbol ‘H’ will appear on the Parent Unit display
• The Parent Unit will sound a double beep every minute to confirm the monitor is still on HOLD
• Press and hold the DOWN ARROW for 2 seconds again to deactivate the HOLD function. The display will return to normal
AC401 Establishing power & checking batteries
Thank you for contacting the helpline.
We are sorry that you are experiencing this with your monitor.
Firstly, can we ask you to check the Parent Unit batteries to ensure that they are inserted correctly. Generally, if you cannot see the battery icon in the top right hand corner when the Parent Unit is ON and connected to the power it is an indication of this.
The bottom batteries are quite awkward to insert and if not done so correctly they will not charge. As a result when you remove the Parent Unit from the Charging Cradle it will switch straight OFF. Please see below for “Inserting Batteries Correctly” information below:
Inserting Batteries Correctly
If your Parent Unit is not charging and check the batteries in the handset. They hold 4 batteries and it is important to put them in the unit in the correct way.
• Firstly the very bottom battery section of the battery compartment holds 2 batteries. The very bottom one is inserted with the nub (+button) to the right. Then place on top the next battery with the nub (+) to the left
• The battery directly above has the nub to the right and the very top one has the nub to the left
It is a common mistake to put the batteries in incorrectly
• To check that the Parent Unit is recognising the batteries - and that they are placed in correctly
• Please turn off the Parent Unit by pressing the round EXIT button it and place it in the Charging Cradle
• The mains power will light up the back light on the screen and then after a couple of seconds, the screen will darken
• Then the flashing charging battery icon will appear on the top right hand corner of the screen
• If the battery icon does not appear this means that the unit does not recognise the batteries. Please check that they are inserted correctly
If the batteries are over 6 months old please renew the batteries and try again. Only use rechargeable NiMH batteries.
If you have been using your monitor for over 6 months, have you replaced the re-chargeable batteries within the Parent Unit?
We do recommend that you change the rechargeable batteries approx. every 6 months.
The cells depreciate over time as they are constantly charged and can give a false reading and the Parent Unit can switch back on albeit for a short amount of time – please see below for “Rechargeable Battery Information”:
Angelcare recommend that you purchase NiMh rechargeable batteries, these are available from all good retailers or on line.
It is vital, for optimum performance from this type of battery, to charge for 15hrs before their first use.
To ensure the longevity of your battery life you need to fully charge and fully discharge periodically, this keeps the cell life to a maximum.
In addition to this, have you tried swapping over the AC Adaptors? These are interchangeable between the two units.
Can you please try this and refer to the “Establishing Power Supply to your Monitor” information below:
Establishing Power Supply to your Monitor
It is important to establish which component is causing the problem should you be experiencing a loss of power to your monitor:
• Firstly, remove all batteries from the Nursery Unit and Parent Unit. If the units are powered by batteries this will not allow us to test the mains power effectively
• Switch the AC Adaptors between the units. The adaptors are interchangeable
• If mains power is established the green power light on the Nursery Unit will illuminate
• When the mains power is established to the Parent Unit the screen on your Parent Unit will illuminate briefly when placed on the Charging Cradle
• If the Parent Unit does not illuminate when placed on the Charging Cradle then the Charging Cradle may be at fault
Now insert your rechargeable batteries:
• When the Parent Unit is placed in the Charging Cradle for re-charging purposes, the screen on the Parent Unit will briefly illuminate to signal that it is receiving mains power
• The Battery Icon will appear after a few seconds and stay on for a short while. This indicates that the unit is charging
• The screen will close down and appear blank. This indicates that it is in Power Save Mode, however the unit is still charging
To check that the Parent Unit is still charging lift it out of the cradle and then return it back to the cradle swiftly, and you will see the battery icon appear again
Please sign in to leave a comment.