The sensitivity level on all Angelcare Movement Monitors is preset when you use them for the first time - Level 3. This is suitable for most standard cribs, and should only be adjusted if required.
Sources of vibration & movement other than your baby’s can be detected by the Sensor Pad and interfere with the performance of your Angelcare Baby Monitor. The alarm will not sound if it detects movement other than your baby’s.
The Sensor Pad will detect false movements if you are touching the crib. Your baby must NOT be in the crib during this test.
The monitor will produce a Rouse alarm: this is a single beep tone from the Nursery Unit, designed to stir baby if no movement has been detected for 15 seconds. If, after another 5 seconds, no further movement is detected, the main alarm will sound at 20 seconds – a series of continuous beeps from the Parent & Nursery Units.
To ensure that the sensitivity level of the monitors is correct for your baby's mattress to carry out the following Four Corner Test for your model:
SENSOR PAD FOUR CORNER TEST
- Place the Sensor Pad at the approximate centre of the baby’s sleeping area and put the mattress back in place
- Switch ON both Nursery & Parent Units – check both units are paired (connected)
- Immediately pat your hand lightly and continuously on a corner of the mattress twice for Sensor to detect movement. If movement is detected you will hear a TIC sound every 5 seconds and PU will flash green for a single sensor pad
- Step away from the crib
- The alarm will sound from the Nursery and Parent Unit after 20 seconds. If the Alarm does not sound, ensure everything is set up correctly and try again; check battery levels on all units, follow the manual for ‘NO ALARMS’ – the sensitivity setting may require lowering by a single level due to other vibrations/movements
- If the alarm sounds, pat your hand lightly on a corner of mattress twice for Sensor to detect movement. It may take up to 8 seconds to recognise movement and for the alarm to stop
- If the alarm continues, even after lightly patting the corner of your mattress twice, adjust the sensitivity higher and repeat this test
Here is how to adjust movement sensitivity on your Parent Unit
- Test your monitor before first use
- Prior to use and on a regular basis (before placing your child in the crib) always check the Sensor Pad is not detecting any movements or vibrations in its environment
- Test your monitor every time you move the Sensor Pad to a different place