You're now ready to install your Angelcare Movement Sensor Pad. Here is the procedure to install and set the sensitivity:
- Remove the battery cover of the Sensor Pad with a coin and insert the battery face with + face up
- Replace the battery cover, align 2 dots and click to secure
- Remove the mattress from the cot, place Sensor Pad - Angelcare® logo side up - on base in the approximate centre of the mattress.
- If your cot does not have a solid, stationary, completely flat, firm surface including a spring base, place a hardboard between the cot base and the Sensor Pad, to ensure correct operation. The hardboard support must measure at least 30 x 30 cm (12” x 12”) and 6 mm (1/4”) thick. This hardboard support must be larger than the Sensor Pad surface area. The hardboard maintains a constant pressure on the Sensor Pad, enabling it to detect the baby’s movements even when the baby is at the edges of the cot
- If your cot has a slatted base, make sure the edges of your Sensor Pad are placed a held over 2 slates.
- Replace the mattress
Below is a short video to show you how easy it is!
IMPORTANT: The Sensor Pad functions with standard crib sprung and foam mattresses and NOT memory foam (partial or full), hollow frame construction mattresses and water beds.
When the Sensor Pad is in place, proceed to the 4 corner test to set the optimal Sensor Pad sensitivity for your cot.
AC527: FOUR CORNER TEST
- Always place the Sensor Pad in the centre of the cot underneath the mattress
- Switch ON both Nursery & Parent Units – check both units are paired (connected)
- Immediately pat your hand lightly and continuously on a corner of the mattress twice for Sensor to detect movement (without touching the cot). When this movement is detected you will hear a TIC sound (if TIC feature is activated - see manual) every 5 seconds and PU will flash green for a single Sensor Pad
- Step away from the cot
- The alarm will sound from the Nursery and Parent Unit after 20 seconds. If the Alarm does not sound, ensure everything is set up correctly and try again; check battery levels on all units, search for the article entitled ‘AC527 NOT ALARMING’– as the sensitivity setting may require lowering by a single level due to other vibrations/movements
- If the alarm does sound, pat your hand lightly on a corner of mattress twice for Sensor to detect movement.
NOTE: It can take up to 8 seconds for the Sensor Pad to recognise movement and for the alarm to stop
- If the alarm continues, even after lightly patting the corner of your mattress twice, adjust the sensitivity higher (up one level) and repeat this test
Below is a video on how to adjust the movement sensitivity of the Sensor Pad (only if required):
- Test your monitor before first use
- Prior to use and on a regular basis (before placing your child in the cot) always check the Sensor Pad is not detecting any movements or vibrations in its environment
- Test your monitor every time you move the Sensor Pad to a different place