You are advising that it is taking a while before your Sensor Pad alarms when your baby is taken out of the crib, if at all.
Has the sensitivity accidentally been changed in the monitor settings, this can happen. If the setting is too for your baby's mattress the Sensor Pad can continue to detect movement near to the crib such as: floorboards, central heating, rocking/pacing even something as light as a fan.
In addition to this when monitoring baby’s movements you should not use a mobile, toy that plays music etc in the crib – these all emit a form of movement, albeit small on the surface of the mattress or the crib itself. Whilst the Sensor Pad is able to detect movement it is unable to distinguish between baby’s movement or something inside or attached to the crib.
Lastly, if you are using a bedside crib you are unable to use the Sensor Pad when it is attached/touching your bed. When any bedside crib is attached/next to your bed the Sensor Pad cannot be used as it is sensitive enough to detect movements on the surface of your mattress.
The Sensor Pad cannot differentiate between yours or baby's movements and may not alarm.
Therefore, we firstly need to establish why this is occurring, whether your Sensor Pad is at the correct level for your baby`s mattress so can you please carry out the “Four Corner Test”, please see the following for how to do this:
NOTE: Please follow step 2 within 20 seconds after turning ON both units otherwise the movement alarm will sound. Your baby must NOT be in the crib during this test:
- Check that the sensitivity on the back of the Nursery Unit is at level 3 (factory setting), if not move dial until at number 3
- Check that the wing on the Front Right Hand side of the Nursery Unit is set to monitor either - Movement & TIC OR Movement Only (detailed on back of Nursery Unit)
- Check that the Sensor Pad is in the middle of the crib underneath the mattress
Ensure that the Sensor Pad cord is fed through the base of the crib using the cord cover kit to secure the cord
All cords must be kept out of reach of your baby at all times
The Nursery Unit must be at least 3ft away from the crib
- Plug the Sensor Pad jack into the Nursery Unit
- Switch the Nursery Unit & Parent Unit ON
- *Gently place your hand in the furthest corner of the mattress & and wait for 20 seconds - if the green movement light flashes on the Nursery Unit the sensitivity is correct
- Repeat in the remaining corners- if the green movement light flashes on the Nursery Unit the sensitivity is correct
- Remove your hand from the mattress and step away from the crib. The Sensor Pad is sensitive enough to detect your movement if you are touching the crib
- **Due to the lack of movement, after 15 seconds a single beep (The Rouse Alarm) will be emitted from the Nursery Unit
- After a further 5 seconds a series of continuous beeps (The Main Alarm) will sound from the Nursery Unit & Parent Unit
- Place your hand on the mattress and after a few seconds the alarm will cease as the Sensor Pad will have detected your movement
*If the green movement light does not flash and the monitor alarms after 20 seconds, please adjust the sensitivity by turning it up another 1/2 notch and repeat the Four Corner Test again.
**If however the monitor does not alarm when you step away from the crib reduce the sensitivity down 1 level and repeat the Four Corner Test, keep adjusting this until the alarm sounds ensuring that the movements is still detected in all four corners.